Eggs and vegetables are great for weeknight dinners because they only take minutes to make and keep you incredibly full!
- 1 whole DHA fortified egg (70 cal)
- 2 egg whites (30 cal)
- 1 cup spinach (10 cal)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 roma tomato (25 cal)
- 1 cup yam (here I used Mountain/Japanese Yam) (120 cal)
- Seasonings (I forgot what I used exactly…may have just been salt & pepper or mustard powder…you can use anything on hand though! Except cinnamon…people are too obsessed with cinnamon and adding it to EVERYTHING!)
- Spray pan with olive oil spray.
- Brown garlic.
- Cook spinach until wilted (2-3 minutes)
- Beat egg and egg whites and pour into pan. Cook until you can peel at the edges, and then scramble.
- Chop up tomatoes and add some to the eggs and save some as a side.
- Yams: Poke whole vegetable several times with fork. Microwave for 2 minutes oh high. Turn and rotate, and microwave for another 1-2 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute because it will be steaming hot!
With just around 260 calories, you can still have room for a light dessert such as frozen berries with applesauce.
This was my 5-minute Informational Speech for my Public Speaking seminar. I know, I’ve already posted about the importance of Omega-3 fatty acids…but maybe this will reach more people!
I just had an egg omelet made of 1 DHA fortified organic egg + 2 egg whites from the same type of eggs + spinach & mushrooms sauteed with garlic & balsamic vinegar!